Frequently asked questions
How can I tell if my items are gold, platinum, or silver?
The easiest way to determine what type of precious metal you have is to look for an official seal revealing it. Any one of these markings indicates that your jewelry is precious:
- For 10 karat gold - 10k, 10kt, 416
- For 14 karat gold - 14k, 14kt, 585
- For 18 karat gold - 18k, 18kt, 750
- For silver - STERLING, 925, SILVER
- For platinum - 950PT, Platinum, 950PT
- 1/10 GF means that the item is gold filled and is not solid gold. We do not accept items which are filled or marked in this manner.
- Vermeil refers to gold plating on sterling silver items and is valued as silver.